Wednesday, December 6, 2017





Johns shot analysis





Angle 1: Straight on- Camera under basketball


  • Is the ball brought straight up on the shooting hand side?

  • Yes the ball was brought straight but as the ball was released my right hand came together with my left hand.
  • Are finger, elbow, knee and toe in the same plane?
  • As i shoot the ball my finger goes flat then goes to a normal shooting finger.
  • Do the shooting fingers finish pointing down towards your forward foot?
  • Yes my shooting finger finished pointing down towards my foot.
  • Does your elbow finish near or above your eyes?
  • my elbow finished way above my eyes and also my body is straight.
  • Does the off- hand come of the ball just before release?
  • Yes my off hand release before my right hand flicks or release the ball.

Angle 2: Rear View- Camera is directly behind shooter.


  • Is the shooting had directly behind the ball with the two shooting fingers in the middle?
  • Yes my shooting directly behind the ball the ball started in my chest then go to a normal shooting form.
  • Is the off-hand at 9 or 3 o’clock?
  • 9 o'clock because i am left handed as the ball releases off my hand and my finger isn't flat.
  • Is the ball released with one-hand?
  • Yes the ball is released with one hand but as soon as the ball is released my off hand kinda goes with my shooting hand.
  • Is the off-hand vertical at release?  Or is it rotated towards the ball?  What would this mean?
  • Yes the off hand is vertical when released. it means that when the ball releases out of my hand it means that the vertical at my release.


  • Angle 3: Side View- Camera on shooting hand side.

  • Is the wrist cocked before the release?
  • Yes my wrist is cocked back before i released the ball.
  • Is the footwork consistant?
  • Yes my footwork is consistant but as soon as a land my food i move up.
  • Is the ball kept in front of the body?
  • Yes the ball is kept from the body. but when i released the ball it goes to the side of my neck.
  • When the ball is released are the elbows near or above the eyes?
  • Yes my elbow is above my eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment