Friday, December 15, 2017

Rhofert's Shot Analysis

Angle 1: Straight on- Camera under basket.

Is the ball brought straight up on the shooting hand side? Yes, I find it more comfortable if I bring the ball up with my left hand instead of bringing it up with my shooting hand.
Are finger, elbow, knee and toe in the same plane?
Yes, all of them seem to be in line after i shot the ball but my right knee was sort of pushed in and not really lined up with my finger, elbow and toe.
Do the shooting fingers finish pointing down towards your forward foot?
Yes, I could see my pointer finger and my middle finger pointing downwards to my toe.
Does your elbow finish near or above your eyes?
Yes, it was hard to see on the video but when i shoot i usually end up having my elbow around my eye level.
Does the off- hand come of the ball just before release?
Yes, my off-hand comes off just on the right time before i release the ball.

Angle 2: Rear View- Camera is directly behind shooter.  
Is the shooting had directly behind the ball with the two shooting fingers in the middle? Yes, but at some time i tend to put my shooting hand on the right side of the ball let my the ball slide to the correct spot before shooting.
Is the off-hand at 9 or 3 o’clock? No, my support hand stay where it is when starting to let the ball go and after the ball goes out of my hands.
Is the ball released with one-hand? Yes, if not the ball would not be going straight to where i want it to go.
Is the off-hand vertical at release?  Or is it rotated towards the ball?  What would this mean? My support hand is vertical at release, it either means that i'm releasing my support hand too early or just right on the money.



Angle 3: Side View- Camera on shooting hand side.  
Is the wrist cocked before the release?
Yes, my shooting hand was right underneath the ball before i released the ball.
Is the footwork consistant? Yes, it didn't really show on the video but its usually consistent
Is the ball kept in front of the body? Yes, sometimes the ball is way too close to my head when going up to for my shot.
When the ball is released are the elbows near or above the eyes? Yes, my elbow is just right on my eye level when shooting.


Conclusion:
Overall, i think my shot is good. I just need to improve my timing on my jumpers because i tend to jump and release the ball on my way down and not when i'm going up with my jump. I also need to improve on little things such as which finger the ball is released on. That's the only reason why my shot is 'broken' as of right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment