Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Gio Shot Analysis

GIO SHOT ANALYSIS  






              Angle 1: Straight-on camera under basket

  • Is the ball brought up straight on the shooting hand side?

       The ball is brought up straight but as soon as i follow through, it points away from the basket               instead of towards it.
  • Are the finger, elbow, knee and toe on the same plane?

        My fingers, elbows, knees, and toes are aligned when I shoot, some things that I can fix are                  releasing my shot in between my pointer and middle finger so that my shot will get a perfect                rotation instead of spinning sideways like it is in this video.
  • Do the fingers point to your foot after your shot?
        My fingers weren't pointing towards the ground in my follow through which i need to work on            because in this video, my fingers were pointing towards under the net.
  • Does my elbow finish above or around my eyes?
        After shooting my shooting elbow is right on my eye but I tend to lean back in this video which          made my elbow go right below my eyes.
  • Does the off hand come off the ball just before the release?
         My offhand comes off barely just before I shoot, I need to release my off hand earlier so that it           doesn't interfere with my shooting accuracy.

             

            Angle 2:  Rear-View camera

  • Is the shooting hand directly behind the ball with the two shooting fingers in the middle?
        My shooting hand is directly behind the ball but is angled to my off hand instead of being                    straight, when i release the ball, it looks like my shooting fingers are in between the ball in this            video but I feel that it is not which i need to get more efficient with.
  • Is the off hand at 9 or 3 o'clock?
         My offhand finishes pointing to the ceiling therefore it is a 9 o'clock, in this video it looks like I           am using my off thumb to help me shoot but I don't use it anymore.
  • Is the ball released with one hand?
         The ball is being released only with my shooting hand but when I remove my off hand when I             do form shooting, it feels like I have less control.
  • Is the off hand at vertical or rotated towards the ball when released?
        The off hand is vertical pointing towards the ceiling which means that i let go off the ball and              relax my off hand after.



                Angle 3: Side view

  • Is the wrist cocked before the release?
         My wrist is cocked before the release but in this video, I had a two motion shot which caused               my shot to be slow and my wrist to be cocked late instead of having it cocked back all ready to           go.
  • Is the footwork consistent? 
         My footwork is consistent but I can also catch and shoot off two feet or a 1-2 step but I feel                 more comfortable catching a ball off a 1-2 step which means that i need to work on my two feet           catch and shooting so that I could be more consistent with both methods.
  • Is the ball in front of the body the whole time?
         The ball is in front of my body but in this video, right before I release my shot, I put the ball               above my forehead which caused the ball to not be in front of me the whole time.
  • When the ball is released, is it above or near the eyes?
         From this angle, my shooting elbow was right on my eyes.



              Conclusion 
 Overall, I think that my shot is pretty normal (Squared, off hand goes off before release, shooting with one hand, shooting hand aligned with hip and following through), I think that i need to be more consistent because my shot doesn't always look the same so I need to work on that and also having a quicker release because I am small which means i need to shoot faster so I won't get blocked in a game another thing that i need to work on is the ball rotation, the backspin on my shot is very inconsistent and I think is the main reason that causes me to miss most of my shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment